Function to disable or modify level-up message ping after redirecting the message to another channel

Xinlin#0221

I would like to have all level-up messages in one channel in my server so I redirect them using the t@persistence command to redirect those messages to the specific channel, but after the redirect it will ping those users in the channel. Is it possible to add one function to modify the ping message or remove it so that it won't ping the users? Currently we try to stop the message but I would like to have the function to keep track of our users activity in the server.

Image below shows the level up message with the ping.

unknown.png

• Upvote 2

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...
On 10/15/2021 at 2:17 AM, Aericio#4684 said:

We added ping so that users can easily search their level-up messages and, for the redirects, so that they'll know they leveled up.

But what about the redirect of Level Up messages to a specific channel? This is a basic feature of almost every bot I have ever used with Discord, being able to select whether to redirect the level up messages either to a specific channel or to be sent via DM to the user.

• Moderators
On 1/20/2022 at 12:07 PM, KrayZ-t [BoC - KA]#1427 said:

But what about the redirect of Level Up messages to a specific channel? This is a basic feature of almost every bot I have ever used with Discord, being able to select whether to redirect the level up messages either to a specific channel or to be sent via DM to the user.

This has also been added.

image.png.9e3fc5acbd6c091436cc00069731a28f.png

Edited by lilcat#0001

• 4 months later...
On 10/14/2021 at 9:17 PM, Aericio#4684 said:

We added ping so that users can easily search their level-up messages and, for the redirects, so that they'll know they leveled up.

Yeah you added pings but can you **DISABLE** them? I cant find a setting for it, so personally I have the bot blocked because I dont like pings…

• 1 year later...

the fact that this setting is listed under the economy header in t@help is really, really frustrating. I had no idea to even look through each of those individual settings, because as a casual discord user "persistence settings" means nothing to me, until I parsed the one that let me manage level up messages. I also could not find it through the tatsu dashboard, though I may have just been, foolishly, not looking in the economy settings

Edited by cyanthrope#0