Pet unwrap warnings

Puffin#0090

So i've decided to keep collecting pets, but the more I get the more duplicates I also end up collecting. Is there a feature that could be implemented that warns the user that they already have an unwrapped pet of that kind when they go to unwrap one? Say for example, I have a Pug already unwrapped. When I go to unwrap one, it would give me a warning telling me I already have one unwrapped. It's just kind of a hassle to go through all the different menus of unwrapped pets to make sure I haven't already unwrapped a pet to keep my "1 of each" collection going because I can't get rid of a duplicate pet after I unwrap it.

• Upvote 1

you CAN get rid of a pet once it is unwrapped but boy does the game make you feel guilty for abandoning the pet...

You have to do it through the inventory and i believe discard is the command you have to use and then confirm a few times.

however yes this is not something i want to do as i am working on trying to get 1 of every cat and build an army of cats!

i have been giving the dogs and birds away to people in my servers who lose their pets when they cant be on in over a week and carers are not enough...

honestly the ability to buy multiple carers to last for a long absence would also be nice alongside this suggestion.

this way you dont have the guilt trip of discarding unwanted pets you accidentally unwrap and if something happens where you are offline for 2 weeks you dont lose a pet either.