Suggestion: Have Users Delete Their Old Advertisements

Hyena Hyena Hyena#7605

Add a rule where users have to or at least should delete their old advertisements in #selling-ads and #buying-ads. 

This would cause searches to be a lot more accurate, because as of now, when I search for an item I often see many of the same posts copied and pasted over and over again, making it hard for me to find out who actually still has what. 

@Hyena Hyena Hyena#7605

• Moderators

The guideline for ads include this in a roundabout way:

1) Include only items you have if you're selling something - This is to make it easier for people to search through ads using Discord's search functionality

2) Please remember to be specific with your buy / sell prices and state if they are negotiable or fixed

3) If you want to create a fancier store thread or reach people outside the lounge, you can create a thread at https://community.tatsu.gg/ (1 per person only)

4) Trades should be discussed in an amicable manner in #trading-chat

If an old ad contains items the user is no longer buying/selling, they should update it or delete it. It isn't easy for moderators to check and enforce these guidelines for so many users/ads, but feel free to inform users of the guidelines and/or ping a moderator if necessary. You can use the forums for easier searching if you don't want to see multiple ads from the same person on discord.

--- EDIT

A bot has been added that will automatically delete previous ads when a user posts a new one or leaves the server.

Edited by lilcat#0001