Birthdays feature

Saga#2149

A birthday feature would be nice for community servers. And I have some ideas about how to implement this: 

• It could be a label on our profile next to/under our name. For security it will only show the MM/DD taking out the YYYY. This can be added/edited/managed on the dashboard. 
  • Additionally there could be a birthday plugin with commands (also managed on the dashboard) for notifications management to: 
    - Specify a channel for notifications. 
    - Notify with ``@everyone`` or not. 
    - Notify the birthday person or not. 
    - Specify roles to get notified or not.  
    - Make monthly/weekly notifications every first monday. 
    - Customize a separated message for every iteration (general, roles, tagged, monthy/weekly). 
  • It may be a bigger feature but it is worth to keep in mind. It is about a local calendar for administrators. I imagine it as a interactive traditional calendar where to manage it. Adding/removing dates, notifications, messages, etc.

• Upvote 5

I feel like a system like this has the potential to add considerable design bloat, and to me, Tatsu tends to come across as a very light-weight bot...

While it might conflict with Tatsu's design in that regard, I can't deny this is a fantastic inclusion for a bot focused on encouraging community, and I'd be interested to see how this idea pans out...

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...